With his latest phono preamplifier 100 Dieter Burmester picks up where he left off with his highly regarded and successful phono stage 838 from the Eighties. The 100 is pure catnip for analog fans. By harking back to a component that had been state-of-the-art for so long and bringing it with all available innovations into the 21. Century, Burmester not only gave LP lovers a new playback reference but also the technology to digitize their LP collection on the highest musical level. With a lot of top-notch engineering and design plus highest-quality parts the phono preamp 100 combines innovative technology and world-class analog playback in a practical tool for the digital music era.
Since 1977 Burmester Audiosysteme has been manufacturing high-end audio components of unsurpassed quality. From the very beginning, the objective has been to create a perfect blend of highest-quality sound, technological innovation, and timeless design. Highly trained technicians assemble all Burmester components by hand in its Berlin factory. Because “Made in Germany” is a label that is taken very seriously by Burmester. Burmester’s research and development department constantly strive to not only keep up with the latest advances but to set its own trends and standards. From the first design sketch via a number of prototypes to the final product shipped from the Berlin factory: each component that bears the Burmester name has been developed in its entirety in-house. As an audio pioneer, Burmester has created a number of legendary components that have become icons of the high-end audio universe.
Burmester considers himself as a guardian and mediator of our musical heritage. The innovative technologies and the highest-quality parts used in the audio components ultimately serve only one purpose, namely, to give full access to the music. By listening to recordings of Elvis Presley, Herbert von Karajan or the Beatles you can bring the full spirit of music into your living room that no concert stage in the world can offer you anymore.
· Up to two balanced phono inputs (XLR 3pol female), MC or MM version available
(specify by order).
· Automatic recognition of the modules (MC or MM) and visualization at the front panel.
· Independent settings for each module which are selectable and automatically saved
(impedance, gain, subsonic, output 0 dB/+6 dB, auto adjust on/off, etc…)
· Input impedance for MC module selectable (33 , 75 , 220 , 390 , 1 k, 47 k) thus optimal
impedance adjustment possible.
· Input capacitance for MM module selectable (68 pF, 120 pF, 180 pF, 220 pF, 300 pF and
400 pF) thus optimal capacitance adjustment possible.
· The input impedances are switched by means of high performance audio relays, thus the
shortest possible audio path is achieved.
· The input gain can be selected which assures the best possible volume adjustment of
each and every Phono cartridge:
o MM: 37 dB, 40 dB, 43 dB, 46 dB, 49 dB, 52 dB,
o MC: 57 dB, 60 dB, 63 dB, 66 dB, 69 dB, 72 dB.
· Selectable subsonic filter to reduce large woofer movement due to wavy vinyl records.
· Automatic level adjustment of left and right channel (AUTO ADJUST) to compensate
Phono cartridge tolerances up to 6dB.
· Optional selection between fixed and variable volume output
· One balanced analogue stereo output, XLR 3pol male
· One unbalanced analogue stereo output, RCA
· DC coupled signal path assures the best sound reproduction down to the lowest
frequencies without any phase shift in the audible frequency range.
· X-AMP2 output modules with high driving capability feeds even low impedance
· Output voltage can be boosted by 6 dB for devices with a low input sensitivity.
· Output phase may be turned by 180° using a sliding switch on the back panel.
· Optional A/D converter-module with USB and S/P-DIF
· Two digital outputs, S/P-DIF (RCA) and optical (TOSLINK)
· Sampling frequency of the ADC is selectable between
48kHz/24bit, 96kHz/24bit or 192kHz/24bit
· Load display of the ADC with analogue audio level meter with dimmable illumination
· The meter can either display the left channel only, or the right channel only, or the mono
sum of both channels.
· Illumination of the meter selectable
· In addition to the analogue level meter a fast responding overflow LED for short peak
overflow indication is provided.
· The internal power supply features very low standby power consumption (< 1 W).
· remote power up of other devices possible by means of the DC IN/OUT connection.
· Optional BURLINK module for external control via RS232 or USB
· Carbon fibre feet reduce micro phonic effects.
· Burmester remote control included
|Sr. No.||File Name||Download|