The 909 MK5 is the largest power amplifier in Burmester’s portfolio and one of the most powerful audio amps in the world. Its impressive size and the ability to not only play loud but also to convey the most intricate musical details have made the 909 a reference component all over the world. Audio journals have celebrated it for years as “the ultimate power amp”. This power amplifier represents the best in engineering ingenuity and available electronic components. With an extremely high damping factor and the ability to deliver huge currents the 909 effortlessly controls any speaker. Even speakers with very low impedance are no match for the unflappable power supply of the 909. Pulse transmission is practically load-independent. The warm and at the same time detailed sound signature of the 909 impresses even the most demanding audiophiles. Its ability to communicate even the smallest musical detail at any volume level with any speaker is unequalled on the world market today. Many awards bestowed on the 909 by international audio magazines have impressively confirmed this unique position.
Since 1977 Burmester Audiosysteme has been manufacturing high-end audio components of unsurpassed quality. From the very beginning, the objective has been to create a perfect blend of highest-quality sound, technological innovation, and timeless design. Highly trained technicians assemble all Burmester components by hand in its Berlin factory. Because “Made in Germany” is a label that is taken very seriously by Burmester. Burmester’s research and development department constantly strive to not only keep up with the latest advances but to set its own trends and standards. From the first design sketch via a number of prototypes to the final product shipped from the Berlin factory: each component that bears the Burmester name has been developed in its entirety in-house. As an audio pioneer, Burmester has created a number of legendary components that have become icons of the high-end audio universe.
Burmester considers himself as a guardian and mediator of our musical heritage. The innovative technologies and the highest-quality parts used in the audio components ultimately serve only one purpose, namely, to give full access to the music. By listening to recordings of Elvis Presley, Herbert von Karajan or the Beatles you can bring the full spirit of music into your living room that no concert stage in the world can offer you anymore.
• Bridgeable for mono operation by external mono-adapters. May also be ordered in internal mono configuration from the factory
• Completely balanced signal path design like all Burmester components
• Input stages in Burmester Class A X-amp design
• DC-coupled signal path without distorting capacitors
• Generously dimensioned power supply for high current output
• Effortless control of any loudspeaker through a high damping factor over the full frequency range, even at highest volume levels
• Stable operation into all loads
• Remote on/off feature when used with Burmester power pre-amps
• Processor-controlled error diagnosis
Dimensions (WxHxD) 485 mm x 515 mm x 485 mm (19 inch x 20.3 inch x 19 inch)
Weight app. 80kg (170 lbs.)
Power output Stereo: 2 x 600 W (4 Ω), 2 x 1.250 W (1 Ω)
(at appropriate AC input) Mono: >1x 1.930 W (4 Ω), >1x 3.200 W (1 Ω)
Continous peak current 65 A
Damping factor >1000
Noise suppression >81 dB
Input sensitivity 730 mV for full gain320 mV for 100 W into 4 Ω load
Frequency response 0-200 kHz (-3dB)
20 selected power transistors per channel
Rise time (stereo/mono) 1,4 μs into 4/8 Ω load
1,9 μs into 1 Ω load
Over-dimensioned power supply with 160.000 μF filtering and a 3,5 kW torodial transformer.
INPUTS AND OUTPUTS
• Balanced inputs (stereo/mono)
• Unbalanced input using supplied adapters (stereo mode only)
• 10V DC input for remote on/off switching by Burmester pre-amps
• Loudspeaker output terminals (stereo/mono)
|Sr. No.||File Name||Download|