The Burmester Ambience BA31 loudspeaker is a derivative of the larger BA71, which has excited audiophiles with its outstanding musicality and its ability to project almost unlimited sonic power. Of course, the BA31 profits all around from advances and innovations in the development of its larger sibling. Its well-balanced 2 1/2-way design shines with the reproduction of deep bass, excellent speech resolution and great clarity in musical details. The BA31, too, offers a rear-firing ambience tweeter, which can be used to adjust the sound to individual tastes or to the requirements of the listening room. It can also be switched off. It opens up the width and depth of the soundstage in a way that heretofore seemed possible only with omni-directional or dipole speakers. However, with Burmester’s Ambience loudspeakers this phenomenon is not only achievable but also adjustable.
Since 1977 Burmester Audiosysteme has been manufacturing high-end audio components of unsurpassed quality. From the very beginning, the objective has been to create a perfect blend of highest-quality sound, technological innovation, and timeless design. Highly trained technicians assemble all Burmester components by hand in its Berlin factory. Because “Made in Germany” is a label that is taken very seriously by Burmester. Burmester’s research and development department constantly strive to not only keep up with the latest advances but to set its own trends and standards. From the first design sketch via a number of prototypes to the final product shipped from the Berlin factory: each component that bears the Burmester name has been developed in its entirety in-house. As an audio pioneer, Burmester has created a number of legendary components that have become icons of the high-end audio universe.
Burmester considers himself as a guardian and mediator of our musical heritage. The innovative technologies and the highest-quality parts used in the audio components ultimately serve only one purpose, namely, to give full access to the music. By listening to recordings of Elvis Presley, Herbert von Karajan or the Beatles you can bring the full spirit of music into your living room that no concert stage in the world can offer you anymore.
• 2 ½ way system
• Bassreflex design for a powerful, clean low bass range
• Air Motion Transformer (AMT) with ultra-light diaphragm, super strong neodymium drive, utmost dedication to detail, sonic neutrality
and level stability
• Identical ambience tweeter on the rear of the enclosure with level control for individually adjusting the spaciousness of the sound image
• High-quality connection terminal, suitable for massive cable lugs as well as e.g. low-mass hollow banana plugs
• Optional bi-wiring and bi-amping operation to use e.g. different power amps for the low and the high/mid range
• The enclosures with acoustically decoupled aluminium front panels and braced MDF walls add to the low-resonance reproduction of the fundamental range
• The veneer and lacquer finishes in five different versions may be combined with aluminum front panels in three different colours
Structural principle 2 ½ way, bassreflex
Nominal power handling 200 W
Sensitivity at 2,83V/1m 87 dB
Nominal impedance 4 ?
Frequency range ±3 dB 38-45.000 Hz
Tweetwer 2 x Air Motion Transformer
Midrange driver 170 mm fibreglass paper cone
Low-midrange driver 170 mm fibreglass paper cone
Crossover frequencies 400 Hz/ 3000 Hz
Weight per piece 40,5 kg (89.4 lbs.)
Dimensions (W x H x D) 253 x 1.050 x 375 mm (10” x 41.3” x 14.8”)
|Sr. No.||File Name||Download|